Learn how to make ramen eggs (ajitama). It’s super easy!
- Eggs: 6 eggs
- Mirin: 100 mL
- Soy Sauce: 100 mL
- Dashi/Stock Powder (fish or seaweed) : 2 table spoon
- Water: 500 mL
1.Bring water to a boil. Gently immerse eggs into boiling water to avoid shells from cracking.
2. For soft boiled eggs, cook for 7 minutes. For hard boiled eggs, cook for 9 minutes.
3. Once cooked,
4. Remove egg shells.
Making the sauce
5. Add mirin, soy sauce and dashi/stock powder and cook until mirin’s alcohol evaporates.
6. Add water and bring it to boil. Make sure the ingredients are mixed well. Then allow the sauce to cool down.
7. Immerse the cooked eggs into the sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve when ready. Enjoy!